Share hope. Share healing. That’s exactly what BTS’s annual Angel Retreat does for those who have lost a loved one – an Angel – to domestic violence. BTS’s Angel Retreat is the only one of its kind in the country. To fully grasp its tremendous impact, it is important to understand the shame and isolation that family members feel when their loved ones have been murdered as a result of domestic violence. The Angel Retreat allows these family members to come together and share their pain and their memories.
- Establish an outlet for this grieving population where none exists.
- Create a safe place for family members to share memories and learn coping and grief strategies.
- Give a reprieve from the judgment of others who minimize the suffering of family members.
- Allow families to share their coping strategies for the benefit of others.
- Offer hope beyond the boundaries of the Angel Retreat by creating a continuous virtual network of support.
- Strengthen family members so that they can begin to use their tragic loss as a lesson to save the lives of victims of domestic violence.
The 2017 Angel Retreat will be held in Colorado Springs, Colorado at Glen Eyrie July 19-22nd. Space is limited.
We have currently reached capacity for our 2017 Angel Retreat. Please check back again with us next year!
We would like to send a huge heartfelt thank you to Susan Loo and the Loo Family Foundation for supporting our 2017 Angel Families Retreat. Thanks to their generous support we will be able to offer this program completely free to families who have lost their loved ones to domestic violence.
We would also love to thank: