Our 2018 Program is scheduled for May 6 – 10, 2018 and our retreat will be held in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Break the Silence against Domestic Violence offers an Annual Survivor Sister Retreat for women affected by domestic violence. This intense program gives participants the opportunity to engage in a variety of workshops and activities throughout the course of the weekend. Our time together is devoted to promoting individual development, bridging relationships amongst survivors, empowerment, and increasing awareness on mental health practices to encourage effective healing after trauma. We immerse survivors into a holistic healing journey created by survivors, for survivors. We believe a peer group approach encourages and supports an environment of true transformation and accountability for growth for each of our attendees.
The Annual Survivor Sister Retreat encompasses a variety of workshops and activities to educate, empower, and connect survivors. The program encourages attendees to step outside of their comfort zone to truly experience healing like never before. The survivor advocates support each attendee through open discussions and break out groups. We welcome survivors who are ready to begin their healing journey and experience a lifelong transformation alongside survivor sisters.
Program best fits survivors who fit in the following descriptions:
- Women who have already left abusive relationships and who are currently not in an unhealthy relationship.
- Women who have experienced trauma particularly domestic violence or sexual abuse.
- Attendees must be open to the ideal of challenging their ‘normal’ way of thinking to embrace new ideas.
- This program is highly intensive and attendees must be emotionally ready to take on a new wave of healing. All attendees participate in a scheduled 12-hour a day program.
- Attendees must be welcoming, loving, kind to others, and accepting of others views and differences. We welcome a diverse group each year and want to ensure all sisters feel comfortable.
- If attendees are currently experiencing suicidal thoughts, we recommend seeking medical attention prior to applying for this program.
- Triggers, anxiety, and stress may arise upon planning your trip to our Survivor Retreat – we highly recommend all potential attendees to spend a great deal of reflecting prior to attending. When its your time to come, you’ll know.
- The registration fee for this program is $200 which is due immediately upon acceptance into our program. All attendees must be able to cover their flights into Colorado Springs. Guests will be required to arrive into Colorado Springs at least 1-night prior to the retreat kick off.
- Enable survivors from across the world to attend our Survivor Retreat.
- Connect women with other survivors who understand their journey.
- Empower survivors to break their silence and tell their stories, many for the first time.
- Immerse survivors in a holistic healing journey created by survivors, for survivors.
- Challenge survivors to step outside their comfort zone, confront their fears, and experience healing in a new and powerful way.
- Create a peer-group environment that encourages survivor transformation and growth accountability.
- Increase awareness of mental health practices that will aid post-trauma healing.
- Promote individual development.
- Allow survivors to let go of crippling shame, pain, and fear.
- Equip survivors to remain connected and prepared to continue on their path to healing.