Throughout the year, Break the Silence joins millions of other voices across the country to raise awareness for domestic violence. Awareness is such an important part of the battle because it helps more and more people recognize and respond to the dangerous signs that often accompany domestic violence. Awareness also helps generate the financial support necessary to offer assistance to victims and survivors.
Social media became a beacon of hope and an outlet for us to speak up and break the silence. Through our unique campaigns we have grown our network of supporters, donors, and have inspired survivors of domestic violence to take action. The creative flare BTS has developed encourages everyone to get involved and to be a part of the solution.
We make it cool to talk about domestic violence. That’s what young people need. We engage audiences through our “hype” presentations and maintain the engagement through our social media interaction. We are completely open to social media partnerships with organizations and businesses around the globe to grow the conversation of domestic violence awareness, education, and resources. We welcome you! – Kristen Paruginog, Founder of Break the Silence against Domestic Violence
This year we are giving our dedicated supporters the opportunity to help us create our newest campaign. We’d like to give you the reigns to help us develop, produce, and execute a campaign that you will feel rock the world. It’s through your innovative ideas that we will be able to touch the lives and hearts of millions worldwide. Last year our F*ck DV campaign was featured on HuffPost, Bustle, MIC, and viewed by more than 200,000 Facebook users!
Perks for Creator:
- If your campaign is selected you have the opportunity to have your idea featured on one of the largest domestic violence platforms in the world.
- We will make a gigantic announcement that you were the genius behind the 2017 Social Media Campaign.
- Your work may be featured on major platforms like HuffPost, MIC, Bustle, Buzzfeed, and many more awesome outlets.
- It looks great on your resume! Employers love that stuff.
- You could possibly win a trip to California 🙂 #justsaying
- Must be original content
- Inclusive of men, women, all backgrounds, and all sexualities
- Be different, push the envelope, and don’t be afraid to be unique
- Must embody the values and mission of BTS
- Must be available to help plan the campaign from start to finish
- Different than previous campaigns BTS has already produced
- Bonus: If you are able to film the project your submission will be highly considered