Thank you so much for visiting our Volunteer Page! Our team of volunteers are hard at work building an out-of-this-world game plan for 2018 to improve the quality of life for families all over the country.
Social Media Director
The Social Media Director is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future clients. That passion comes through as he/she engages with clients and the team, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into clients or supporters. Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Director’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Director will administer Break the Silence against Domestic Violence social media marketing and advertising needs by providing guidance to our Facebook Coordinator, Instagram Coordinator, and Twitter Coordinator.
- Deliberate planning and goal setting. It would be a great idea to work with the Coordinators of each platform to set realistic monthly goals for growth and engagement
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Promote content through social advertising.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Coordinating with other team leaders for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on monthly check-ins
- Develop and establish new ideas for social media campaigns.
- Review social media analytic reports (Train another volunteer to run analytic reports).
- Helping to maintain the platform for the social media admins you are directing to grow, empower and break that silence for others.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media management, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization preferred.
- Stays up to date on the latest social media trends.
- The ability to understand social media analytics
- Familiarity and efficiency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, WordPress, Hootsuite, etc.Social Media Admin
Social Media Squad: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
With a 3 million weekly reach, Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence is spreading it’s mission to empower victims and survivors of domestic violence, so that they can be free to tell their stories, overcome their fears, and go on to live healthy and fulfilled lives. We are seeking 4-6 social media admins to manage our Instagram and/or Twitter pages to share content related to domestic violence, grow our followings, and continue to impact and inspire others .
- Post content on a daily and/or weekly basis on at least one of our social media platforms
- Respond, share, and interact with followers and related content.
- Provide updates to the Social Media Director on their tasks.
- Prior experience and knowledge in managing a social media platform including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- 1-2 years of experience in social media management and/or bachelors in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Ability to understand social media analytics and SEO
- Must be able to work independently and be self motivated.
The Blog Writer is responsible for producing at least one blog per week, upon assignment. We are recruiting 1-3 bloggers to commit to at least 1-year of writing for our website (www.breakthesilencedv.org). In addition, all blog writers must be available for weekly team reviews of blogs and quarterly reviews of blog topics. All volunteers must be involved, engaged, and committed to volunteer at least 3-5/hr per week. Blog writers are also responsible for promoting blogs on all social media channels, linkedin, tumblr, and major blog sites. Blog writers have the opportunity to have their work exposed to 50,000 + followers from our website and social media pages.
- Edit and publish content on the BTS blog(s)
- Create and generate blog topics to write on. Choose subject matter that interests readers
- Measure and track the effectiveness of blog topics based on number of viewers and number of comments.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail.
- Write content for the blog.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in blog writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, etc. highly preferred.
- Possess engaging “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture.
- The successful candidate must be computer and Internet savvy
- Photography skills a plus.
San Diego Volunteer Coordinator
A San Diego Volunteer Coordinator manages elements of volunteering on behalf of Break the Silence against Domestic Violence in the San Diego area. The role involves assessing and meeting an organization’s needs through networking, community outreach, and retention of volunteers. Volunteer coordinators manage San Diego based volunteers and their relationships with those they come into contact with, including employees and service users of an organization. They also monitor, evaluate and recognize volunteers.
The activities of a volunteer coordinator usually include:
- Develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs;
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organization;
- Raising staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers;
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers;
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work;
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organizing celebration events;
- Celebrating anniversaries: 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, and annually.
- Sending gifts of gratitude to volunteers
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and external organizations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact;
- Organizing fun events to attract new volunteers