Welcome to Break the Silence against Domestic Violence!
Our national nonprofit organization is proud to announce our newest initiative to empower survivors and advocates to champion our cause in communities across the country. Our Ambassador Program is a grassroots outreach effort to raise awareness for resources, sisterhood events as well as driving more community engagement. We believe the key in prevention of domestic violence is education and the knowledge of resources – our trained ambassadors will serve in any and all capacities to fulfill this mission with us.
We are excited and grateful to have you a part of our team. It takes a true warrior with a heart full of passion and drive to advocate – strong ambassadors have the opportunity to save many lives.
Now let’s get down to what being an ambassador is all about. Ambassadors are our “boots on the ground” outreach team. We are representatives of Break the Silence against Domestic Violence. We are the volunteers who go into communities and spread the word about BTSADV, our programs, and campaigns. We champion the organization by helping to rally resources and volunteers for the organization, as directed by the Ambassador Coordinator. Outreach means: hosting tabling events in your community, sharing posts on social media about upcoming programming and social media campaigns, sharing our resources with local organizations, and inspiring your network to be a part of our cause. You will be the go-to person in your area to represent BTSADV, which means you will need to be very familiar with our programs, values as well as the many resources we have available. All of our ambassadors are representatives of BTSADV.
- Networking with local domestic violence agencies to share BTS resources and programs
- Provide education for local communities on BTS resources
- Hosting resource tables at local events on behalf of BTS
- Serve as a local area representative for sisterhood and survivor events
- Host community fundraisers and awareness events to support our national programs
- Participate in our social media campaigns
- Encourage local community members to become monthly donors
- Assist in developing new ideas to drive more awareness and support to the organization
- Ambassadors will be required to participate in monthly training meetings
We are here as your resource and will provide ongoing training on how to use and promote our organization. We have created a welcome kit to help you along this new journey with BTSADV.
Included is the following:
- Postcards equipped with all of our BTS contact information
- Access to materials – print on demand
- Various PowerPoint presentations with scripts for presentations to community, each specific to the group or event
- Ongoing support from volunteer team
As an ambassador you will have the opportunity to meet other members and brainstorm ideas for larger scaled events and meet ups. Now that you know everything, let’s get you signed up!
General Questions: Stephanie Soliz: Stephanie@breakthesilencedv.org
Thank you for expressing interest in our Ambassador Program. Our new team members are hard at work to share the resources and support we offer, in their own communities. We take pride in building strong relationships with our team members and are committed to ensuring their success as advocates and ambassadors.