BTSADV has an exciting fundraising event that exists for the sole purpose of helping surviving victims and family members. At BTS, we call those families “Angel Families”. Every year, BTS has an event dedicated to Angel Families and fallen victims. The Angel Run is a two-part event, which celebrates the life and creates a legacy of those who unfortunately didn’t make it out. On June 23, 2018, the community of Colorado Springs and beyond will gather together for the 2ndAnnual Angel Run 5k. This fundraiser kick starts a 60-day fundraising initiative, which funds scholarships for students impacted by abuse as well as funding programs for Angel Families.
Supporting the Angel Run is important and can save lives. Here are some of the ways you can make a difference:
- Provide awareness to the general public about the pervasiveness of murders in domestic violence situations. Most people are unaware of this epidemic.
- Provide awareness of the warning signs of abusive intimate partner relationships.
- Provide academic scholarships to students impacted.
- Provide programs and support to angel families
- Provide education to the general public in order to stop the unfair judgment carried by family members of domestic violence murder victims
- Provide family members a safe place to share their stories for the first time.
Going the distance is an interesting concept. It takes special people to push themselves to fundraise and break the silence—this person is an Angel on earth.