Welcome to our Sisterhood
Break the Silence against Domestic Violence offers an Annual Survivor Sister Retreat for women affected by domestic violence. This intense program gives participants the opportunity to engage in a variety of workshops and activities throughout the course of the weekend. Our time together is devoted to promoting individual development, bridging relationships amongst survivors, empowerment, and increasing awareness on mental health practices to encourage effective healing after trauma. We immerse survivors into a holistic healing journey created by survivors, for survivors. We believe a peer group approach encourages and supports an environment of true transformation and accountability for growth for each of our attendees.
The Annual Survivor Sister Retreat encompasses a variety of workshops and activities to educate, empower, and connect survivors. The program encourages attendees to step outside of their comfort zone to truly experience healing like never before. The survivor advocates support each attendee through open discussions and break out groups. We welcome survivors who are ready to begin their healing journey and experience a lifelong transformation alongside survivor sisters.
Program best fits survivors who fit in the following descriptions:
- Women who have already left abusive relationships and who are currently not in an unhealthy relationship.
- Women who have experienced trauma particularly domestic violence or sexual abuse.
- Attendees must be open to the ideal of challenging their ‘normal’ way of thinking to embrace new ideas.
- This program is highly intensive and attendees must be emotionally ready to take on a new wave of healing. All attendees participate in a scheduled full-day program.
- Attendees must be welcoming, loving, kind to others, and accepting of others views and differences. We welcome a diverse group each year and want to ensure all sisters feel comfortable.
- If attendees are currently experiencing suicidal thoughts, we recommend seeking medical attention prior to applying for this program.
- Triggers, anxiety, and stress may arise upon planning your trip to our Survivor Retreat – we highly recommend all potential attendees to spend a great deal of reflecting prior to attending. When its your time to come, you’ll know.
- Provide a place for women to connect with other survivors who understand their journey.
- Empower survivors to break their silence and tell their stories, many for the first time.
- Immerse survivors in a holistic healing journey created by survivors, for survivors.
- Challenge survivors to step outside their comfort zone, confront their fears, and experience healing in a new and powerful way.
- Create a peer-group environment that encourages survivor transformation and growth accountability.
- Increase awareness of mental health practices that will aid post-trauma healing.
- Promote personal development and the importance of self-care strategies
- Allow survivors to let go of crippling shame, pain, and fear.
- Equip survivors to remain connected and prepared to continue on their path to healing.
Selection Process: TBA
Application’s for our 2019 Program are now closed. Our next Survivor Sister retreat will be tentatively scheduled for Spring 2020. To receive text notifications from us about application process, text: Text BTS to 51555.
Application Process: September 1st – November 30th.
Review Process: December 1st – December 31st
Notification: By January 15th
Program Dates: In 2020, BTSADV will be hosting two Survivor Sister Retreats. Locations will be announced soon!